iDetailAid is pleased to announce the release of iDetailAid 1.8 which will be available on Wednesday 25th July 2018.
This major release focuses on 3 main themes:
- Closer, out-of-the-box integration with Veeva CRM analytics
- Provision of advance tools and documentation for developers
- User interface refresh to enhance and simplify the content creation experience
Call Clickstream reporting as standard¶
With the release of iDetailAid 1.8, Veeva integrated deployments now support reporting to the Call Clickstream as standard. The level of reporting can be configured based on customers' requirements, however the following events are available:
- Slide view - date and time stamp of when a slide is viewed and the duration of time spent on that slide
- Overlay view - date and time stamp of when an overlay is opened and the duration of time the overlay remains
- Asset view - date and time stamp of when an asset (e.g. PDF document, image zoom) is opened
- Video view - date and time stamp of when a video is played and how long it watched for
- Open URL - date and time stamp of when an external web URL is tapped
- Open Reference - date and time stamp of when a reference or citation is opened
In addition to tracking the chronology of events, additional metadata associated with events and wider system, presentation or slide level can be configured to be tracked.
As this reporting is configured at a platform, product or country level, events are written to the Call Clickstream automatically (without any need for input from the content author), providing data consistency across the organisation.
In addition to the events listed above, iDetailAid now also exposes further events which developers can code against either in HTML5 content packages or inline slide-level code.
These include slide lifecycle, overlay, navigation, asset and user interaction events.
For further information, please refer to the iDetailAid Developer Documentation.
Inline code editor¶
A major new feature to be introduced in this release is the inline code editor. Provided as part of the slide editor, it allows developers and more advanced users to introduce a level of interactivity not previously possible.
For further information, please refer to the iDetailAid Developer Documentation .
Updated user interface¶
To support the addition of the code editor and to improve usability, the iDetailAid interface has been refreshed.
As well as now occupying the full width of the browser window, the properties panel in the slide editor has been removed and has been replaced with a side panel.
This new UI brings iDetailAid more in line with existing layout and artwork packages and should provide a more familiar authoring environment.
The Slide Editor now incorporates an optional Auto Save feature, reducing the risk of losing work through browser timeouts or unexpected crashes.
As always, there have also been a number of minor issues resolved and bugs squashed.
If you have any questions about the iDetailAid 1.8 release or anything else, please contact email@example.com.